Prayer request: The Possibility of Moving

Discussion in 'Prayer and Praise' started by LauraNicole, Feb 22, 2012.

1. LauraNicole

LauraNicole Well-Known Member

I move a lot. Calling me a nomad wouldn't be far from the truth. I haven't stayed in one place for more than a year since I was 16. So moving isn't that big of a deal. In fact, I just moved from my friend's apartment to my best friend's house.
    This past weekend, I went to visit Michael. You all know him as redbranch. It was great. I love to be able to spend time with him. We've always known that some day, one or both of us would have to move if we want this to work out.
    We know we will work out. Our relationship isn't perfect and we have our little disagreements. But honestly, the visits can get intense. To go a month without seeing the person you've been falling in love with? It's so easy to try to pack a thousand things into 4-7 days, and at the end of it, you're just exhausted.
    That's not what our time together should be like. I get overwhelmed and stressed at having to pack so much into a short time. And the drive home? I consider it an improvement that I didn't have my break down until after I crossed the Ohio border. The first time I left Mike without a set next visit date, I was crying before I hit the highway. The next time, it was an hour away. It feels like Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked me in the heart when I leave Mike, when I'm putting the miles in between us. I have to take deep breaths and stare at the road just to keep myself from getting off an exit and turning around.
    This past Monday, I clearly remember my sobs and wails at a rest stop in Ohio. I was the only car there, and I just screamed my head off at God. "Why, God? Why? Why bring us together if I have to feel like this? It hurts so much! I can't stand it! I don't know how much of this I can handle!!" Well. Lucky it was so late at night and I had time for my voice to recuperate. I sounded terrible after screaming so much.

So. Venting over with, I'm seriously considering moving to be closer to Mike. Lindsy has been helping me by reassuring me that we will figure things out, suggesting nearby towns that would be within my budget and ways to find work in the area. Yay, Lindsy! :)
    This summer would make the most sense for me to move. I do before school childcare, and that is ending in May. I also do occasional babysitting, but honestly, I'm getting so burned out with childcare. It takes a lot out of you, and I'm thinking I'd rather just work at a bookstore. Anyway.
    I'm out of work in May. No guarantee of any sort of job after that. Maybe I'm done with Ohio. For now at least. I do have a wonderful community in Ohio, and even though I'm not the most outgoing person, I am capable of making friends when I'm not in an unhealthy living situation. I think Mike and I could find a church and make friends and have a support system (outside of AY).

I just want to make sure this is a good move to make. Well. I don't know. I kind of believe that you can make any good choice you want and God can move into it and make something of anything. I guess I'm scared of starting in a new city and what might happen if I can't find a place or a job. It's a huge move, and I'm not talking just about the miles. This would be fantastic for me and Mike. We could see each other often, relaxed and not stressing about when one of us will leave. But you can't deny that moving to be closer to somebody is a huge deal.

I feel like I'm starting to rattle on about my fears and my thoughts. What I need to do is take some deep breaths, pray, and hope God will speak clearly to me about this. If you guys could pray for me and for Mike, that would be fantastic. Thank you. :smile:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. Taserah

Taserah New Member

First of all I am so happy for you two. I've been friends with Mike for little over a year now and he is a really great guy. I'm so glad that you two have found happiness with each other.

I fortunately live in the same city as my boyfriend and we're only 20 minutes apart. I couldn't imagine living that far away from the man that I love. However, moving is a big step and one that should be carefully considered before doing.

Lord I ask that you comfort LauraNicole right now as she contemplates this decision. Please give her guidance as she decides what it is that you would have her do. Give Mike the strength and courage to support her in the decision that she makes and help the two of them grow closer together as a couple with mutual love for you. In your glorious name I pray, Amen.
    redbranch and (deleted user) like this.
  3. Little princess

Little princess God's Daughter Staff Member AY! Supporter Mentor

Dear Heavenly Father,

I want to thank you very much for Laura and for the young woman who you have created her to be. Thank you for her loving heart, her amazing smile and her faith in you. Thank you for the way she has been able to care for the children at her work. Thank you for providing her with so many blessings recently and thank you especially for the relationship that she is able to share with Mike.

But Lord, you also know all the pain that Laura feels, especially the heartache that comes with having to say goodbye to the man who means so much to her after they spend precious time together. Father, we can all testify that it is YOU who bought these two people together and we entrust their relationship to you. Lord, only you know where the paths in the future will lead Laura and Mike, but I pray that you will watch over them both and guide them. Help them to grow through the hard times and the challenges associated with their separation -- and I pray that these periods apart will help them to both grow in their love and knowledge of you, as well as help them to learn to communicate with one another better.

Father, thank you that you have strong shoulders and that Laura can cry and scream to you -- may she rest in the knowledge that you hear her prayers and that you catch every tear that she sheds. It can be so lonely sometimes and so unbelievably painful to have to say goodbye to someone dear to you, it can be hard to watch people around you who do not struggle to maintain a relationship over distance, it can be challenging to know what to do. For moving just to be near someone is a big decision. Lord, help Laura to decide what to do right now, whether she should move once again or whether she should stay where she is. Help her not to be guided by her emotions alone, but may you give both her (and Mike) wisdom in knowing what is best. This is a very big decision for her Lord and I pray for clarity above all. If she does move, may you help her find somewhere to live and somewhere to work which is within her budget -- and may she find such things in advance. But even if she were to stay where she is, Laura will need to find new work from May onwards. Lord, we know that you provide for the birds of the air and flowers of the ground, and so too, please provide something for Laura.

And I pray for the time which Mike and Laura spend together -- may they be able to enjoy each others company without things becoming so intense as they are presently. Help them to find people whom are able to be a support network for them as they struggle with all the ups and downs which this life will bring. Only you know what the next few weeks, months and years will bring -- and I pray that you will use each experience Laura and Mike will face, to help grow them into the people who you desire them to be. Amen

:hug:
  4. PureOxygen

PureOxygen New Member

Girl, I just love your heart.

Thanks for opening up about that with us. My husband spent a couple of summers on the west coast while we were in college, and I was stuck back in Chicago, so I do understand what it's like to have a lot of miles between you and hate it. I know the ache in your chest that forms and feels like it's going to overwhelm your whole body. :hug:

I think I'd go ahead and plan for the move. I'll keep praying over your situation, too.
  5. LauraNicole

LauraNicole Well-Known Member

It continues to be difficult. One day, I feel like I can't leave Ohio. The next, moving is very appealing. Fresh start, new jobs, place of my own, closer to my sister, able to see Mike without stressing his family out...

God, help me and Mike with this.
    redbranch and (deleted user) like this.